Friday, July 15, 2016

Envelope Accordion Book

©Anne Rita Taylor 2016
I wanted to give some suggestions to my friend who was traveling this summer. My envelope accordion book was fun and most appreciated!
Supplies:
Handmade paper - 2 pieces 4 x 5 inches
Ribbon, 18 inches 
PVA or Mod Podge glue, and Scotch tape
Magazines or calendars

Begin by folding the inside of the four accordion pages in half, so now you have eight sides plus the two covers which are not folded.
Making the envelopes: I used flower pictures from Martha Stewart’s Living magazine. I made my template to fit the 3 1/2 inches accordion page. Before gluing up the bottom and sides, it is 4 1/4 inches tall by 5 inches wide.


After you have four envelopes, place glue on half of the front of each envelope. 



Then glue each envelope to the half accordion page.





Instead of writing my own travel advice, I used four of the cards from the pack of Travel Tips, available on Amazon HERE.






You can take out your favorites, I decided on cards about safety, communicating, sleep, and being wary. Copy them and place them in the envelopes, making sure they fit and could be taken out easily.





Glue your handmade paper pieces to the covers. Before you glue the covers onto the book be sure to tape the middle of your ribbon to the back.




Add your handmade paper covers and you have a pretty Bon Voyage gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment