Friday, January 20, 2017

Art Journaling Online


I made a Beaded Longstitch Placemat Journal for an online class from Kelly Kilmer called A Prompt a Day. The paper is 120 lb. hot press watercolor paper from Dick BlickClick Link for related blog: https://anneritataylor.blogspot.com/2016/06/repurposed-fabric-book.html


I met Kelly in 2003 in her fabulous Los Angeles bookbinding class in Beverly Hills. Kelly still teaches around the L.A. area.


Kelly has this wonderful class - A Prompt a Day - on her blog site:  kellykilmer.blogspot.com  She gives 30 days of suggestions for backgrounds, such as collage, colors, images and writing prompts - for example: writing about a current life issue.


I enjoyed a prompt about writing a secret and placing it in a sealed envelope tucked away on the left side of the dancing girl page - above.


Finished with 10 Things I Do Every Day on April 30th. On this page I used a photo of my younger self.

Please tell me about your art journaling; and let me know if you have any questions in the Comments.
©Anne Rita Taylor 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment