Friday, February 3, 2017

Valentine Exchange


I joined a Valentine Exchange with The Guild of Book Workers - Lone Star Chapter - to send 10 Valentines and receive 10 in return. Rules included having an edition using any method of printmaking or paper or book arts.



I used my carvings for a photopolymer plate from Boxcar Press. As a member of The Houston Printers Guild I used The Printing Museum’s tabletop printing equipment & sold some of these cards in their gift shop.



For this exchange I added another dimension having an accordion book inside the card.


I found a quote I liked and practiced calligraphy so it would fit when folded in eighths on one third of an 8 1/2 by 11 inch scrapbook paper.


I attached the accordion with a heart shaped brad. Here is the inside and back of the card where I also attached my "Made by" labels.

I thought it actually needed something more…so I used my Sizzix Embossing Texture Boutique on all the card fronts. You can see the details:

Now let’s see what kind of Valentine cards I receive by February 14th. There will be an online exhibit on the Lone Star Chapter’s website: https://gbwlonestarchapter.wordpress.com




To finish I used a wonky heart I carved on each envelope. This month is all about LOVE!!!


If you feel the spirit move you, please leave me a comment. Happy Valentine's Day!
©Anne Rita Taylor 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment