Friday, January 29, 2016

Creating with Beads


I attended a Meet-Up group this week that is all about crafting. Little Craft Box Texas was very inviting and everyone was friendly - what more could I want!?


This time we played with making jewelry. Before I went to the meeting I did a quick inventory of my beads. I decided to either re-string beads I made last year but never wore, or use new beads in a bag that I had in my bead collection for a few years.


I ended up making a necklace from the Venetian beads in the bag. I like Venetian glass beads the best. I have made necklaces with them using various spacer beads in between, gold, silver and now black.


I packed up my tools and supplies. I use the crimper with the blue handles to hold the ends of the necklace together. I took a beading class this summer at CJ Bead Shop in Katy, Texas. Sadly, this store is closing. The owners Craig and Joy are looking for another retail space. They sell online too.


I also like Agate beads which are considered semi-precious and come from volcanic rock. In this photo I’m wearing Agate beads and displaying the Venetian beaded necklace I put together this week. Thanks go to Zue for taking my photo! We all had a fun time talking about our lives and hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment